Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Weekly Report 2- Back On Track

Last week my knees, legs, ankles, pretty much everything hurt and just felt off.  This week, I was sore, but not to the point I needed to stop my runs.  I was a bit smarter this week about how I trained and what I trained on certain days.  I didn't use the treadmill at all, but spent some time on the elliptical.  I had a few smaller runs and then my one long run today.

I usually work on Sundays, but had the rare day off so I took advantage of the free time and perfect weather to try and get 6 miles in.  Even though my knee wasn't the happiest about the distance, I was able to get it done, and in doing so I have found some exciting new routes.  Ok, the only reason they're exciting is that they're new and mean I don't have to do loops strictly around my neighborhood.  Still, the run felt good for the most part and I'm just happy I was able to get it done.

I have also been focusing on walking during my rest periods in my runs.  I didn't want to lose the momentum from running and just start walking slow.  In the last few weeks my body has already gotten used to "power walking" through the rest times and now I don't really have to think about it.  My main goal through the walking segments is to keep it under a 16 min pace, the minimum pace for runDisney events and I'm happy to say that I have kept to that goal.

After my run I made sure to stretch (something I'm trying to get better and better about), and spent the rest of the day walking around Brevard Zoo.  The rest of the day felt good for the most part, I was a little sore, a little tight, but nothing was throbbing, which I still saw as continuing good news.  Plus I found a spiffy new shirt with a fun running saying at the zoo!


I'm really proud of myself for my run today, and this week.  I got out there, some days when it was tough, and never looked back.  I just need to keep looking forward.  I'm planning to keep 6 miles as my long run through next month (which is incredibly busy) and then start pushing it again in April.

Plus, I have 1 year until I compete in the Glass Slipper Challenge during the Princess Half Marathon Weekend.  Events are coming... the reasons I'm training are coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment