Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

2 Years Till Dopey!

2 years...

That's how long I have until the 2018 Dopey's Challenge during the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend.

I never thought I would be able to run long distances.  Then, in 2010, I ran the Disneyland Half Marathon.  I thought that would be it, that I would be done.  I definitely wouldn't run a marathon.

Three years, 7 half marathons, and a number of 5ks later I ran my first and what I thought was my last marathon at the 2013 Walt Disney World Marathon.  I thought that was all I needed.  I had fun, I finished, that's all I needed.

Apparently not.  I thought I had retired considering I haven't run a race since the marathon.  But the itch became unbearable and I finally had to scratch yesterday.  I have to do it... I have to do the Dopey Challenge.

I've had a few friends compete in the challenge, and finish, and I knew I could do the same.  I think a piece of it is the endurance athlete in me as well telling me I could do it.  I just have to be smart about it.  Which is why I'll be doing my challenge in 2018.  It'll be the 5 year anniversary and it will give me plenty of time to get my body and mainly my knees in shape to survive the challenge.

Join me as I train and get ready for this challenge.  I'll post about the successes and the challenges.  The pretty and not so pretty.  Overall, this should be another interesting challenge, that's for sure.

731 Days...

I can do this...

No comments:

Post a Comment